24 February 2011

Norman Veerbeek interview!

Flying Dutchman Norman Veerbeek interview!
Check it out!



When was the first time you got on a bike?
At the age of four years.
What's your favourite trick?
Riga Mortis (Dead Body)
How do you prepare for a jump?
Mentally perform the trick step by step.
How do you prepare for a show?
Just normal training like always.
We saw a picture on your homepage with you jumping over a giant pool. Tell us!
This was a great show in Turkey. The 5star resort was filled with graduated students. We had to jump over this pool with all those people in it. It was awesome!
Why did you transfer to FMX?
MX was getting too expensive and I was always thrown of the track because I was doing simple tricks on the dirt jumps...
You're the only proffesional FMX rider in Holland. How does it feel to ride with all the other pros knowing that you're the only Dutch one?
It doesn't feel any different to ride with other pros. But for trainging it's a bit shitty not to have a trainingpartner nearby. Now I have to drive 2 hours to Belgium to be able to do some riding with my buddy William van den Putte.
In which event do you definitly want to participate in?
Extreme Freestylers!
Why those flashy green tires?
It was just a try out, looked funny but bad quality. Now I'm riding black tires from Conti again. Much better!
What was your worst injury?
A broken jaw.
How many bikes have you got?
Four Honda 450CRF
What goes through your mind when you see someone crashing?
Like Lusk or Deegan? I don't really watch it. One time I was standing besides the landing where Scott was attempting a double backflip. After the first rotation the feet came off and I knew it was going to be a big crash. At that time I kinda looked away... Unfortunately the crashes come with the sport, but I don't like to watch them or talk about it too much...
What are your plans for the future?
Pull more combos and ride bigger events!
What did your parents thought when you started pulling of tricks?
They wanted me to stop but I told my father that it was his own fault because he was the one who put me on a dirtbike when I was four years old ;)
Where do you practice?
Boxmeer (NL) and Genk (BE)
How many days a year are you abroad?
In the US? Only 2 weeks. I've got my first FMX show in the states on the 15th of April this year. I'm pumped!
Which trick do you definitly want to do someday?
Deadbody flip!
Tell us a bit about your first backflip, because you were the first Dutch rider that pulled of a backflip.
It started as a joke. Just trying some flips in the pit. Then William said: "Why don't try it on dirt?"
So I told him: "Okay, when I have done 5 flips in the pit.
After I did those flips... well, I couldn't go back!
Thanks to?
All my sponsors, my fiance and my brother.

Foampit or dirt? Dirt!
Backflip or Kiss of Death? Kiss of Death
Chill or competition? Competition
Deegan or Pastrana? Pastranad
Red Bull or Monster? Monster
Dead Body!

Check Norman's site for more information about him and his events!

No comments:

Post a Comment